CHANGES TO SUMMIT FOR THE 2023–2024 SCHOOL YEAR
We want to make sure we are keeping you updated on what adjustments are being made for the upcoming school year regarding the Summit Learning Platform. We have collected feedback from teachers, parents, and students and have made some of the following, new and ongoing, adjustments.
- This school year Farmington High will be “semesterizing” the courses. This will mean students will have a semester view and assignments due within that semester. We feel this will reduce some of the concerns with procrastination.
- We continue to look at ways to support our incoming 10th grade students through effective onboarding lessons and activities.
- We will be revamping the resources available to parents with information about Summit, including short informational videos about the specifics of navigating the Summit platform.
- We will continue to have due dates on Checkpoints, which will allow parents to see when Checkpoints and Projects are due.
- Grades will be updated every other week on myDSD.
- We will continue to have Content Assessment Labs after school Monday–Thursday and for an hour before school on Late Start.
- Student Success Coordinators will continue to work with students who need additional supports.
- Students with a 504 or IEP, will continue to have additional accommodations as outlined in their IEP and agreed upon by the 504 / IEP team.
We feel these adjustments will prove to be very beneficial to students and highly recommend students stay in classes with teachers using the Summit Learning Platform.
With this said, parents and students who continue to have concerns with the Summit Learning Platform and desire to receive more information regarding an on-site alternative, please click on this link.
THE FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY JULY 29, 2023 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR 1st SEMESTER.