Incoming Sophomore Information
- 1 - Watch Instruction Video
- 2 - Explore Available Courses and Programs
- 3 - Fill Out Course Selection Form on myDSD
- 4 - Screenshot Your Selections and Save to Your Desktop
- Language Arts (4 Credits Required)
- Mathematics (3 Credits Required)
- Science (3 Credits Required)
- Social Studies and Government (2.5 + .5 Credits Required)
- World Languages
- Physical Education and Fitness for Life (1.0 + .5 Credits Required)
- Fine Arts (1.5 Credits Required)
- Career and Technical Education (1.0 Credits Required)
- Digital Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Financial Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Other Electives
Theatre 4 Creative Film History
The video in step 1 details where to access the form and how to verify it, but here are a few steps:
1. Log in to myDSD (MUST be the student's account, NOT parent account).
2. Click on 'Academics' and then 'Course Requests beta'.
3. Select your courses.
- Make sure your grade is selected in the 'Registration Group' box.
- Some core classes may be pre-populated for you.
- Make sure to delete those classes if you choose to take a different option such as Honors English 10 instead of English 10.
- Full year classes will auto-fill both columns.
- You will need to select 8 classes per column, and 3 alternates in order to verify your course request.
- If you want a course that is not being displayed, fill your card out completely with an alternate class, and email your counselor to add your requested class for you.
- This is not a guaranteed schedule, just a request, so your schedule you receive in the fall may not look exactly how it does on this screen.
4. Click 'Verify Course Request'.
It is important that you save a copy of your course selections so that you remember what you requested.
1. Once you have submitted your course request please use the SNIPPING TOOL to make a copy of your course request and save it to your desktop. This will help me make sure you have requested your courses for next year and will serve as an extra reminder of the classes you requested. You may be required to submit this snippet in your advisory class.
4. You should plan to attend Phoenix Preview on Tuesday, February 15 from 4:45-6:15pm to get information about classes and learn more about what we have to offer at FHS. Counselors will also be available during this time to answer questions and help you submit your Course Request if needed. Counselors will be coming to Junior Highs to help all students who have not yet submitted their Course Request the following days:
- Farmington Junior High: February 24-25
- Centennial Junior High: February 17-18
We all change our minds! If you do want to change something that you requested before the end of the year, you can email your counselor at the high school and request the change. If you change your mind over the summer, you will want to plan to attend our class change night on the 2nd day of school or attend our class change day before school starts (check website in August for more detailed information).
You should plan to complete course selection by March 4.