Incoming Sophomore Information
- 1 - Watch Instruction Video
- 2 - Explore Available Courses and Programs
- 3 - Fill Out Course Selection Form on myDSD
- 4 - Screenshot Your Selections and Save to Your Desktop
- Language Arts (4 Credits Required)
- Mathematics (3 Credits Required)
- Science (3 Credits Required)
- Social Studies and Government (2.5 + .5 Credits Required)
- World Languages
- Physical Education and Fitness for Life (1.0 + .5 Credits Required)
- Fine Arts (1.5 Credits Required)
- Career and Technical Education (1.0 Credits Required)
- Digital Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Financial Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Other Electives
Exploring Computer Science
Computer Programming 1
AP Computer Science Principles
The video in step 1 details where to access the form and how to verify it, but here are a few steps:
1. Log in to myDSD (MUST be the student's account, NOT parent account).
2. Click on 'Academics' and then 'Course Requests beta'.
3. Select your courses.
- Make sure your grade is selected in the 'Registration Group' box.
- Some core classes may be pre-populated for you.
- Make sure to delete those classes if you choose to take a different option such as Honors English 10 instead of English 10.
- Full year classes will auto-fill both columns.
- You will need to select 8 classes per column, and 3 alternates in order to verify your course request.
- If you want a course that is not being displayed, fill your card out completely with an alternate class, and email your counselor to add your requested class for you.
- This is not a guaranteed schedule, just a request, so your schedule you receive in the fall may not look exactly how it does on this screen.
4. Click 'Verify Course Request'.
It is important that you save a copy of your course selections so that you remember what you requested.
1. Press Ctrl+P or click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your browser and select 'Print'.
2. Change printer to 'Print to PDF' and press 'OK'.
3. Save the document with any name on your desktop. You can email it to yourself or a parent so that you don't lose it.
4. If you need assistance, counselors will be at your school the following days to help you wrap up this process:
- Farmington Junior High: March 1-2
- Centennial Junior High: March 3-4
We all change our minds! If you do want to change something that you requested before the end of the year, you can email your counselor at the high school and request the change. If you change your mind over the summer, you will want to plan to attend our class change night on the 2nd day of school.
If you need assistance, counselors will be available at the high school in the Commons to help with questions every Friday 10:00am-12:00pm from February 26- March 12. You should plan to complete course selection by March 1.