Instructions and Checklist for Continuing Students
(Students who are currently attending school in the Davis District)
STEP 1 - REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
1. Student Information – Please verify that your student's demographic information is correct in your myDSD guardian account. If you need to change your address, phone number, email address, or other identification information, please email email@example.com.
2. Farmington High School Policy Acknowledgement Form – Signed electronically by both guardians and students through myDSD. School policies can be reviewed in the student handbook.
3. Technology Acceptable Use Agreement – Signed electronically through myDSD.
STEP 2 – PAY ALL FEES
– All fees can be paid through myDSD or at the Farmington High School main office. To pay fees online, log into your myDSD guardian account. Select “Payments” at the top of the screen and select “Pay for fees/lunch.” You will have the option to pay for both required and optional fees.
– Optional fees will include a Yearbook, Device Protection Plan, and PTSA Dues.
- 1 - Watch Instruction Video
- 2 - Explore Available Courses and Programs
- 3 - Fill Out Course Selection Form on myDSD
- 4 - Screenshot Your Selections and Upload to your 3rd Term Summit Project
Click on the image below to open the PDF. You can click on the course titles to read the course description.
- Language Arts (4 Credits Required)
- Mathematics (3 Credits Required)
- Science (3 Credits Required)
- Social Studies and Government (2.5 + .5 Credits Required)
- World Languages
- Physical Education and Fitness for Life (1.0 + .5 Credits Required)
- Fine Arts (1.5 Credits Required)
- Career and Technical Education (1.0 Credits Required)
- Digital Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Financial Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Other Electives
Theatre 4 Creative Film History
The video in step 1 details where to access the form and how to verify it, but here are a few steps:
1. Log in to myDSD (MUST be the student account, NOT the parent account).
2. Click on 'Academics' and then 'Course Requests'.
3. Select your courses.
- Make sure your grade is selected in the 'Registration Group' box.
- Some core classes may be pre-populated for you.
- Make sure to delete those classes if you choose to take a different option such as Honors English 11 instead of English 11.
- Full year classes will auto-fill both columns.
- You will need to select 8 classes per column, and 3 alternates in order to verify your course request.
- If you want a course that is not being displayed, fill your card out completely with an alternate class, and email your counselor to add your requested class for you.
- This is not a guaranteed schedule, just a request, so your schedule you receive in the fall may not look exactly how it does on this screen.
4. Click 'Verify Course Request'.
In order to allow your MAPS teacher to review your course requests you will need to upload a screenshot of your complete course request. The video in step 1 details how to do this or you can follow the steps below.
1. Open your Snipping tool.
2. Snip a picture of your course request and paste into the "COURSE REQUEST" checkpoint within the 3rd term checkpoint.