Course Selection Steps (Spring)
Steps for Sophomores and Juniors Course Selection 2023-2024
- 1 - Watch Instruction Video
- 2 - Explore Available Courses and Programs
- 3 - Fill Out Course Selection Form on myDSD
- 4 - Screenshot Your Selections and Upload to your 3rd Term Summit Project
1 - Watch Instruction Video
Please watch the short video below. This will show you how to access your course selection screen via your myDSD, how to choose, move and delete classes, how to verify your course request, and how to save a screenshot to upload to your 3rd quarter checkpoint in MAPS.
2022 Course Selection Instruction Video
2 - Explore Available Courses and Programs
Click on the image below to open the PDF. You can click on the course titles to read the course description.
FHS Course Catalog and *NEW* Videos!
- Language Arts (4 Credits Required)
- Mathematics (3 Credits Required)
- Science (3 Credits Required)
- Social Studies and Government (2.5 + .5 Credits Required)
- World Languages
- Physical Education and Fitness for Life (1.0 + .5 Credits Required)
- Fine Arts (1.5 Credits Required)
- Career and Technical Education (1.0 Credits Required)
- Digital Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Financial Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
- Other Electives
Language Arts (4 Credits Required)
English 10 Honors
english 11/12 accelerated
APPLIED, ADVANCED AND ELECTIVE
Mathematics (3 Credits Required)
FOUNDATION LEVEL 2
FOUNDATION LEVEL 3 AND ALTERNATIVE
AP Calculus BC
Science (3 Credits Required)
APPLIED OR ADVANCED
Social Studies and Government (2.5 + .5 Credits Required)
WORLD HISTORY (10TH GRADE)
US HISTORY (11TH GRADE)
CE 1700 AMERICAN CIVILIZATIONS
US GOVERNMENT & CITIZENSHIP (12TH GRADE)
Physical Education and Fitness for Life (1.0 + .5 Credits Required)
FIT FOR LIFE
Fit for Life Football
Fine Arts (1.5 Credits Required)
FINE ARTS (DANCE)
FINE ARTS (VISUAL)
FINE ARTS (MUSIC-VOCAL)
FINE ARTS (MUSIC-INSTRUMENTAL)
FINE ARTS (THEATRE)
Theatre 4 Creative Film History
Career and Technical Education (1.0 Credits Required)
CTE HEALTH SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
CTE BUSINESS & MARKETING
CTE FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCE
CTE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
CTE SKILLED & TECHNICAL
CTE TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING
Senior Engineering Capstone
Digital Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
Financial Literacy (.5 Credits Required)
2023 Clickable Course Listing and Catalog
3 - Fill Out Course Selection Form on myDSD
The video in step 1 details where to access the form and how to verify it, but here are a few steps:
1. Log in to myDSD (MUST be the student account, NOT the parent account).
2. Click on 'Academics' and then 'Course Requests'.
3. Select your courses.
- Make sure your grade is selected in the 'Registration Group' box.
- Some core classes may be pre-populated for you.
- Make sure to delete those classes if you choose to take a different option such as Honors English 11 instead of English 11.
- Full year classes will auto-fill both columns.
- You will need to select 8 classes per column, and 3 alternates in order to verify your course request.
- If you want a course that is not being displayed, fill your card out completely with an alternate class, and email your counselor to add your requested class for you.
- This is not a guaranteed schedule, just a request, so your schedule you receive in the fall may not look exactly how it does on this screen.
4. Click 'Verify Course Request'.
4 - Screenshot Your Selections and Upload to your 3rd Term Summit Project
In order to allow your MAPS teacher to review your course requests you will need to upload a screenshot of your complete course request. The video in step 1 details how to do this or you can follow the steps below.
1. Open your Snipping tool.
2. Snip a picture of your course request and paste into the "COURSE REQUEST" checkpoint within the 3rd term checkpoint.
Registration Steps (Summer/Fall)
Instructions and Checklist for Continuing Students
(Students who are currently attending school in the Davis District)
Step 1 - Required Documentation
1. Student Information Form – This form must be printed, signed, and returned to the school each year (even if there are no changes to be made). To access the form, log into your myDSD guardian account. Select your student, then select “view reports.” The Student Information Form is located under the blue student information section. Please print both pages, make any corrections/changes, sign, and mail or drop off the form to Farmington High School (548 W. Glovers Lane, Farmington UT 84025).
2. Farmington High School Policy Acknowledgement Form – Signed electronically by both guardians and students through myDSD. School policies can be reviewed in the student handbook.
3. Technology Acceptable Use Agreement – Signed electronically through myDSD.
Step 2 – Pay all Fees
· All fees can be paid through myDSD or at the Farmington High School main office. To pay fees online, log into your myDSD guardian account. Select “Payments” at the top of the screen and select “Pay for fees/lunch.” You will have the option to pay for both required and optional fees.
· Optional fees will include a Yearbook, Parking Permit, and PTSA Dues.