All senior students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There will be a FAFSA Completion Night at Farmington High School October 1st from 5-7, in room 2804. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and get one-on-one help from FAFSA experts.
What to bring:
- Social Security Number. Be sure that it is correct!
- Records of income, such as income earned from work and business, child support paid or received and any other untaxed income. If you have them, refer to the W-2 Forms or Federal Income Tax Return IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
- Information about assets, such as savings, certificates of deposit, stock options, bonds, 529 plans and other college savings programs; and investment real estate, business and farm.
- Driver’s license number, if you have one.
- Dates of birth, include the month, day and year.
- Alien Registration Number, if you (student) are not a U.S. citizen.
- An FSA ID to sign electronically. (This can be created beforehand at fsaid.ed.gov, or at the time of application.)
- List of colleges you are considering.
Beware of false FAFSA sites, especially if they want to charge you. FAFSA is FREE! The actual FAFSA website is https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Students AND guardians MUST have a Federal Student Aid ID and PIN prior to completing the FAFSA. Get your FSA ID here. Guardians only need to complete this process ONCE, so if you obtained a FSA ID with a previous student, you don't need to do it again. Just remember your ID and PIN.