Registration Q&A

Q: Who do we contact about registration questions. A: Please contact your students counselor listed on the Counseling Center Page.

Q: Where should Ascent/new students wanting to attend FHS return registration packets? A: Please see the Registrar for enrollment information.

Q: Drivers Education A: Driver's Education is assigned by student’s birth date. September through February birthdays will take Drivers Ed 1st semester March through August birthdays will take Drivers Ed 2nd semester. 

Q: What are the Science offerings A: AP Science Courses: 10th graders can take AP Physics 1 or AP Biology if they want to. Honors Science: The goal is to try and push the advanced kids toward taking the AP (and eventually CE) science classes. We are talking about allowing some students who are interested and capable of advanced work take the regular biology, chemistry, and physics courses with an opportunity to earn an honors distinction. We will have to work that out with teachers, but they would give the students deeper material to study and can have their transcripts possibly changed to read "honors" if they want. 

Q: What are the Food offerings? A: Foods 1 semester class = .5 credits, Foods 2 semester class = .5 credits CE Foods semester class .5 credits, Pro- Start year course focusing on culinary arts = 1 credit.

Q: Where do students return their registration card? At the junior high school's Course Request Night at Farmington High School. Students will meet in Suite 2800 East (Green) on the second floor from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. Parking will be available on the east side of the building. Farmington Jr.  will attend Wednesday, February 27 and Centennial Jr. will attend Thursday, February 28. Parents and students are also invited to the Phoenix Preview Night on Tuesday, February 26, to receive more detail on classes, activities and academic progression.

Q: Where can I find a Course Catalog? On the Course Offerings page

Q: How do I make changes to a schedule once the schedule has already been put into the computers ? A: Changes to a students course request can be made by contacting a counselor via email with the desired changes.

Q: Who do students who have IEP's and 504's meet with to register? A: IEP Students are to complete a registration card, as all other students. The resource team will contact families and make all corrections to the course request as needed to meet each students IEP. 504 students should also complete a registration card and, once school starts, work with teachers on their accommodations. If a specific class needed for a 504 is not on the class schedule please contact your counselor.